I need to do more blogging. I really do. It’s good mental exercise, and it’s also a good way to connect with people.
But blogging for me is hit and miss (and miss, and miss, and miss…). I’ll have nothing to blog about, so I’ll skip a day. And then another. And then…
So I’m going to try something different. I’ll post general news and such when it comes up, but I’m also going to try for The Daily Blog, a rotating set of blog topics. These will be writing prompts to give me something to write about even if nothing else comes up.
So here’s the schedule for The Daily Blog:
- Science Sunday. Science news and how it might be useful in a story.
- Market Monday. A look at different markets for fiction and non-fiction.
- Talking Tuesday. I do a lot of story dictation. I get a lot of questions about it. Here’s my chance to answer some of them.
- Work-in-Progress Wednesday. A discussion about whatever I’m currently writing.
- Thinking Thursday. Random thoughts.
- Friend Friday. A chance to talk about the work of my friends.
- Story Saturday. A discussion about whatever I’m currently reading, watching, listening to, or playing.
Can I keep to this schedule? Probably not. But it gives me a goal to shoot for.